Malwarebytes Anti-Malware App
What is malware?
Malware is malicious software engineered to work for its makers, and not for the computer user. Malware might steal your identity, install unwanted programs, or encrypt and hold your digital files for ransom. As a term, “malware” covers all sorts of malicious software, including Trojans, spyware, adware, ransomware, and viruses. Malware is now often delivered by exploiting flaws (“exploits”) in legitimate programs.
Okay, so how do I protect against malware?
- If you feel your infected the best thing to do is call us at 310-791-8507 or email email@example.com for a remote over the internet diagnosis and cleaning.
- We will analyze your computer for not only Malware, but spyware, viruses and other scrupulous apps.Download a proven anti-malware scanner with real-time protection such as Malwarebytes Premium.
- Keep your programs updated so cybercriminals can’t exploit them.
- Protect your wifi with an encrypted password. Never use open wifi.
- Use WPA/WPA2 encryption standard on your home wifi; do not use WEP encryption.
- Back up important files to a local hard drive.
- Do not open emails from people/companies you don’t know.
- Do not click on links sent to you via email or IM without first “hovering” your pointer over the link to confirm it is sending you to a legitimate site.
How do I know if I’m infected with malware?
Look for issues characteristics of a malware infection:
- Does your web browser freeze or become unresponsive?
- Do you get redirected to web pages other than the ones you are trying to visit?
- Are you bombarded with pop-up messages?
- Does your computer run slower than usual?
- Do you see new icons on your desktop that you don’t recognize?
Okay, I’m infected with malware. What do I do now?
- Remove CDs and DVDs and unplug drives from your computer. Restart in Safe Mode.
- Download a proven malware scanner such as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Disconnect from the internet. Then run a scan.
- Follow Malwarebytes Premium’s instructions to remove any malware.
- Restart your computer.
- Update your operating system, browser, and applications if not current.
- Reset all of your passwords.
- Or better yet call us or at 310-791-8507 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Where you can talk to us , learn about the reliability of our company and have your system professionally cleaned, serviced and receive a one-on-one consultation of how to improve your security and learn more of how we can help.